|Image Credit: colourbox.com|
A big shout out to my fellow #wiamigo, @MelissaEmler, for bringing those Wordy Nerdy days back. To answer the challenge...and to get me blogging more (New Year's Resolution #220).
The Blogger's Challenge includes 11 random facts, answering 11 questions from your nominating blogger, and challenging 11 more bloggers with 11 more questions.
The Rules:1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
2. Share 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
4. List 11 bloggers.
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they’ve been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
11 Random Facts1. I was an aide/campaign volunteer for a U.S. House of Congress Representative when I was in high school. My first forte into a political frenzy, which led to my Sunday morning Meet the Press addiction.
2. I have a half-acre garden where I grow produce to make my Grandma's Super Secret Dilly Dills, Trippin' Tomato Sauce, Sexy Salsa and a variety of "perky" jams from berries and fruit found within walking distance of our home. We then give them to local food pantries and friends.
3. We have four dogs and two cats - all rescue critters.
4. Despite the tremendous benefits of a running routine, I despise it (I'm not tiny). I have, however, completed 21 sprint distance triathlons...even got to meet Jon Cryer from Two and Half Men in Malibu!
5. I placed second in the State Spelling Bee waaaaaay back when words were easier to spell. Told ya' - Word Nerd.
6. Our children have atypical, gender-neutral names and are based on classic literature favorites - again, the Word Nerd thing.
7. I began my college career as an Industrial Technology major, with a focus on packaging and shipping technologies. Had an internship lined up with 3M in Houston, TX, and switched majors to education to stay closer to family. Best.Choice.Made.
8. I collect first-edition, signed copies of Anne Rice hardcovers. Twilight's got nothing on her Vampire Chronicles.
9. Music is my saviour. All genres. I play piano to relieve stress. I have written my own music. I sing at weddings and funerals, but the older I get, it's more funerals...and karaoke! I was a radio DJ back in the day and played polka music for my adoring listeners on Sunday mornings.
10. My paternal grandmother was a direct-line relative to Almanzo Wilder - Laura Ingalls Wilder's hubby.
11. 6 is my lucky number. Let's chat sometime about it. I'll buy!
To Answer Melissa's Questions1. What is your favorite knock knock joke?
This one's from one of my former students...
Canoe help me with my homework?
HAAAAAAAAA! Every.Single.Time.2. Why is your best friend your best friend?
He has known me forever and married me anyway.
3. What is the most important quality a teacher should have?
The ability to sell ice to Eskimos. Passion about connecting a yearn to learn with need to know.
4. How long does it take you to get out of the house each morning?
20 minutes tops...not into fuss.
5. What kind of vehicle do you drive? Why?
Ford Escape for its gas mileage and high-up-there seat...it's like driving a truck but not really.
6. Tables or desks?
Bean bags or stability balls with lap desks...but, between these two: tables.
7. What was the best professional development experience you have ever had?
Far and away, EdCamp. That said, join us in April for EdCampEC -the first of its kind in the WestCentral part of Wisconsin!!
8. What annoys you more than anything else?
9. How do people know you love them?
My actions let them know, loud and clear...and often.
10. Where were you on 9/11/01?
Watching Current Events with my 8th grade social studies class via the first ten minutes of the Today Show (like we did every day). I've never felt more helpless and dumbfounded in all my career.
11. How well can you juggle?
Objects? Not well at all.
Life? I'm an ace.
11 Bloggers I'm ChallengingBeth Lisowski @BethLisowski
Tom Whitford @twhitford
Tim Neilsen @teach1tech
Pernille Ripp @pernilleripp
Joe Sanfilippo @joesanfelippofc
Renee Nolan @nolan6166
Jessica Johnson @PrincipalJ
Kathy Perret @kathyperret
Jennifer Zurawski @tweets2jen
Kristi Shaw @kshaw0128
Jenna Linskins @2teach_edtech
1. What is your super power?
2. You've just won the lottery. Now what?
3. You're on a desert island. Which three people (and only three) are with you? Why?
4. Who were your childhood friends and what were your favorite activities growing up?
5. Who inspires you most and why?
6. What's your "go to" comfort food?
7. If you could have a conversation with anyone (dead or alive, real or fictional), who would it be and why?
8. Paper or plastic? Why?
9. What's a guarantee to make your blood boil? How come?
10. You are King or Queen of the World - what's your platform? Dream? Wish for all humanity?
11. Be honest: what vice would you do away with today, if you could?
To quote a fellow Word Nerd and noted radio personality, Paul Harvey:
..."and now you know the rest of the story..."
Have fun, folks! Looking forward to seeing the posts and learning about my Tweeps and fellow bloggers. Have fun!